The Cost Of Hearing Aids
How much do you value your hearing health?
Considering that you will use a pair of hearing aids around 5 years after your purchase, your lifestyle quality as well as your family’s and friend’s will be enhanced for the equivalent of £0.66 per day… (based on a pair of hearing aids costing £1,190.00)
The average people in the UK spend at least 5 to 6 times more than that on luxury items such as designer coffees, sweets, leisure activities and other fancy items…
Are you not willing to spend £0.66 per day to enhance your quality of life and the quality of life of your family and all your loved ones…
Why is it important to invest in good quality Hearing Aids?
The cost of hearing aids includes:
The services of an experienced qualified registered professional: your Audiologist.
He/ she will get to understand your personal needs, test you, advise you on the best solutions based on your hearing loss and lifestyle to ensure that the devices will deliver and fulfil your personal needs
The devices themselves as well any accessories to improve satisfaction in any situations
It also includes the fitting and all subsequent appointments to fine tune them to your liking
Annual check ups and servicing to ensure that the aids will last as long as possible
Hearing Aid technology research costs money
Scientific research is being continuously conducted by our leading manufacturers and researchers to improve hearing aids and continue to make them smaller using the latest in miniature components and integrate them in our lifestyle as well as make them compatible with the rest of our day to day technology such as smartphones, TVs… This research costs money, and although Governments offset some of its, a lot of if it must come from the patient.
As the market for hearing aids isn’t that big (it is growing with time as the older population is increasing worldwide), each patient pays a higher proportion of the cost of research and maintenance. If everyone had hearing aids, just like mobile phones or computers, the cost of each hearing aid would decrease drastically.
Cheaper hearing aids or online sales is not better
When it comes to long-term investments, you need to make well informed choices about your purchases, especially when your health and quality of life are concerned. You may be tempted to purchase hearing aids over the internet.
Before you do, please consider the following, purchasing hearing aids online means:
- You risk buying a product that won’t work properly.
- Buying a hearing aid that doesn’t work properly means that it will cost more to fix it or buy another one
- Would you buy a car without having given it a test drive? Buying hearing aids from a qualified audiologist, means that if you are not sure, you can ‘try before you buy’ in some cases
- You could buy the right hearing aid online but if you don’t have a consultation with an expert, you won’t get the most out of your hearing aid. A hearing aid must be fitted by a qualified Audiologist that will ensure that you get the best results from it
- If you buy a hearing aid overseas, a UK or Irish Audiologist might not be able to fix or adjust your hearing aid in cases when your hearing aid stops working or needs servicing. Once it breaks, we might not be able to help you.
- Some brands of hearing aids may have parts or technology that are not available in UK or Ireland
Now you can see why it is important to have a qualified Audiologist test and fit your hearing aids for you. This will cost less in the long run, and provide peace of mind, knowing that your hearing aids will work properly from Day One.
Still too expensive?
Thankfully, even the initial cost of getting hearing aids can be reduced by our 0% interest 12 payments plan
- Hearing aid cost £595.00
- Deposit: £175.00
- Payments: 12x £35.00
- Administration Fee: £20.00
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us or make an appointment with one of our qualified Audiologists today.